From:
Laura Holland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 26 Dec 2010 21:25:02 -0800
How is this something ferrets should EVER be eating?

Ingredients

Poultry by-product meal, rice flour, corn gluten meal, wheat flour,
beef tallow preserved with mixed-tocopherols (source of vitamin E),
soybean meal, ground yellow corn, fish meal, brewers dried yeast,
animal digest, calcium carbonate, dicalcium phosphate, phosphoric acid,
salt, choline chloride, taurine, zinc oxide, ferrous sulfate, vitamin
supplements (E, A, B-12, D-3), riboflavin supplement, niacin, calcium
pantothenate, manganese sulfate, biotin, thiamine mononitrate, folic
acid, pyridoxine hydrochloride, citric acid, menadione sodium bisulfite
complex (source of vitamin K activity), calcium iodate

And if people can't afford quality foods when they buy a ferret well
they shouldn't get ferret. Yes - there are people out there that don't
know better and feed their ferrets crappy foods but I REALLY don't
think on this we should be suggesting to do so. One of the points of
this list is to help those new to ferrets learn how to care for them
and telling them to feed a food with no real meat made mostly of corn
ISN'T doing that.