From:
trina fleissner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Apr 2011 07:16:54 -0700
Time is running out to make a donation for the ferret research funds to
be awarded to Dr. Kiupel and Dr. Wagner at the IFC Symposium. I have
sent the $100.00 as a donation that I offered as a challenge to the
ferret community (April 7 post) whether the $100.00 was met or not.

I wonder where the Scheidt ferrets would have been had research not
been done on the H1N1 virus to determine what their vet was dealing
with?

How would your ferret's insulinoma be treated now without the research
for prednisolone?

How much would you be paying for adrenal surgeries instead of the use
of the Ferretonin/Melatonin implant or the Deslorelin implant?

How about cancer? Anyone able to save a ferret or gain some valued,
quality time with their fuzzy because of the Tuft's protocol?

Have any of you saved a ferret from the terrible reactions of a canine
distemper virus vaccine because you had a titer performed first? If you
read the FHL you may have read of a little ferret named Mollie who
survived a VERY serious reaction to the CDV last Fall. We now know that
most ferrets need not receive a CDV vaccine for up to three/four years
after their four month vaccination, because of Dr. Wagner's Titer
research. Dr. Heller's study through the AFA supported these findings.

Will you use the GnRH vaccine to prevent adrenal disease in your ferret
when the study is complete in another two years? Results are currently
very promising.

How do you think these procedures and meds were developed? Often ferret
research grows from cat and dog research, but only with funds to pay
for it.

A check for $5.00 will become $10.00, $25.00 will be $50.00, $100.00
will become $200.00 with the IFC's agreement to match funds.

Please consider a donation to help support research/continued research
being done on adrenal disease, Aleutians, ECE, hypothyroidism,
insulinoma, lymphoma and more. Maybe this work will be YOUR answer
to saving YOUR ferret's life.

[Per IFC announcement:]
Checks may be sent to:

Sharon Bearden, IFC
1245 Curtis Switch Rd
Mineral Bluff, GA 30559

Or you can use Paypal and pay to [log in to unmask]

Please note how you would like your donation to be applied. (Dr.
Kiupel's reaserch or Dr. Wagner's) Also, please include how you would
like your listing on the donors' page to appear. You can have either
your name, a family member or friend listed, or the name of a beloved
furkid or human listed as a memorial to him or her.

Although donations will be accepted until May 30, the deadline to
receive a listing in the program is April 30th.

Feed rescued animals in two clicks
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3