Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:37:20 -0800
>On 4/22/2011 5:56 PM, Joanne wrote: [via other list]
>I finally got my registration done for the International Ferret
>Symposium 2011!!! I can't believe it's just right around the corner -
>June 3-5th! Thursday night (June 2) they normally have an informal
>dinner for the people that have arrived early. Things kick off bright
>and early Friday morning!

Hello, all! And, thank you for bringing up the Shelter Dinner. I keep
meaning to do that and keep procrastinating. Although I have not
posted, I have been busy preparing for it. Yes, we can't let a Thursday
night before the Symposium go by without a shelter dinner! Since there
is no shelter in the Phoenix area, I need to hear from the Arizona
people as to who is there. I don't really "research" too much, just
try to interact with the locals for this info. What ferret stuff is
happening in the Phoenix area?

For those who don't know about the shelter dinner, it is FREE and we
GIVE AWAY door prizes. I will unashamedly place a donation jar out and
ask people who can afford to do so to fill it with cash - $$$$ are
easier to carry, but change sounds good, too. I usually leave all the
money with the local shelter. Totals collected have ranged from around
$100 or so at our first one in Las Vegas (CJ's 24 KT shelter) to more
than $1000 in St. Louis (SOS - a freezing park!) Other hosts have been
A Ferret Business of GA (Atlanta), Cascade Ferret Network & Oregon
Ferret Shelter (Portland) & Hide-E-Hole Ferret Rescue (Pittsburgh).
This year, since I am unable to find a local selter, the $$$ goes to
SOS (supportourshelters.org) and F.E.R.R.E.T. (ferretemergency.org).

Details will follow on the dinner. As usual, there will be food for
both veggies and carnies (take that any way you want!). Are you coming?
Please send me an email at [log in to unmask] with the subject SHELTER
DINNER. Let me know if you are vegan, veggie (what you DO eat - dairy,
eggs, etc) or assault weapon.

Are any of you going to have vehicles there? Does anyone who lives
around there want to donate the use of their home? We will be in
Tempe at the Fiesta Resort Conference Center. It is very close to
the airport, transportation wise. Contact me privately if you are
interested. Also, phone messages can be left at (907) 644-5655. I live
in Alaska for those who don't know. Right now (since AZ does NOT do
DST, we are an hour behind them) it is 4 hours behind eastern, 3 hours
behind central, 2 hours behind mountain and an hour behind pacific.

Look forward to seeing you in Tempe in a few short weeks!

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we