Date:
Sat, 23 Apr 2011 12:25:22 -0800
On Friday night we will be presenting a couple of workshops for
attendees.

There will be a Disaster Preparedness workshop presented by
F.E.R.R.E.T. It is designed to help shelter operators and others
prepare a disaster plan for your shelter. Considerations include:

1. To go or to stay? Evacuate or shelter-in-place?
2. What disasters am I most likely to experience?
3. Who ya gonna call?

Dr. Jerry Murray will be presenting a workshop on Ferret first aid for
shelter operators and other interested parties. He will discuss the
things you can prepare for and the items you should have on hand. First
aid kits will be presented. Additionally, he will answer questions
about concerns you may have. BONUS: Alpha-trak has donated a glucometer
to be awarded to one lucky shelter. You must attend the First Aid
workshop to be eligible.

I am trying to get a count on attendance, so please let me know if you
are planning to attend either of these workshops. A light dinner is
provided, thanks to a grant from PetsMart Charities.

--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we