From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jun 2011 10:39:18 -0400
Tressie has an excellent question in:

I didn't know that the kit vaccine used by that one breeder is a mink
vaccine that does not work well on ferrets. Did you?

Tomorrow is the first of my next round of glaucoma surgeries so I will
be totally offline some days, and on for tiny amounts using just one
eye some other days for a decent while but that is exhausting. Please,
quietly hope that the ALT works for my worse eye this time or I'll need
a more serious approach afterward. Last time it worked for 4 years
which is better than average so maybe it will work again, but I've lost
enough of that eye now that it might not. I wanted to let people know
so that they will not be surprised when I am not on and not replying to
anything since I am probably not even reading the things. Also, we have
some very ill elder family members and I could disappear at any time
for a while due to their needs and that may be the case for years if
all goes as well as possible. Of course, the people here who are also
FHL members or who read the post about the long planned changes at the
FHL several weeks ago know about the family needs since that I why I
needed to take myself to being a member rather than a moderator after
10 years and why new moderators were added.

Finally, I wanted to thank Bill for making sure that Kevin could reply
to that ugly, inflammatory anonymous post which helped no one but hurt
several very good people, both by making it seem that some said what
they did not say, and making others seem like their actions differed
from what they really were.

Sukie (not a vet)

http://ferrethealth.org/archive/
http://www.afip.org/ferrets/index.html