From:
Cynthia ritenour <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 3 Jun 2011 23:26:37 -0400
I have a tree, at least it looks like a tree-like plant, in my house. I
moved it to a pedestal type urn that is oh....about 30 inches high with
decorative stones on top of the soil to discourage digging by anyone.
It is just high enough that the cats and the ferts wont get into it...
until..... a not so wise to the way of the fert-proofing son put a box
on the floor for them to play with.....nice........

I'm checking my email. I hear an odd sound...ka-tink, ka-tink..... and
look to my left towards the entryway where my tree has lived happily
despite 3 blissful years lacking in ferret aeration. under one frond, I
spot two little cinnamon paws, fingers splayed and a little head cocked
at an angle just so, so that she can see me. She hears me shift in my
seat. She ducks her head lower for a better view......it's always a
good show when Mom finds a stinker!

I get up, move the box, which was the obvious avenue for the mining
expedition, mumbling about the wisdom of having children, and pick up
a small 14 oz cinnamon fert, now wearing enough dirt that she looks
like a sable. she looks at me like "What?"

"Booger, you know you're not supposed to do that"

"But Mommy, I'm only doing what ferties do....by the way, those
decorative stones are pretty too. too bad they still didn't slow me
down.....'

Hamilton watches as I scold Chepe' and goes about helping disburse the
dirt that she has so happily excavated from the pot. " Okay Stinker 2"
I brush them off , and get the broom. If only I could teach them to
clean up their own messes......sigh.....but the stones were pretty.....
I sweep a few up along with the dirt..... Ham and Chepe' dance around
the broom "helping" I say this loosely.....and finally I can go back
to my mail..... they go merrily on their way, off to the next
adventure.....

Gotta love em....they're crazier than me.....

Cindy & the slightly Used gang