From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:29:20 -0500
Hello Saraferret, this is mommy Laryssa.

Lucy had insulinoma and apparently, heart failure for the last month
that we were unaware of. As the insulinoma got worse, Lucy tried to
be a trooper, and almost always ate her food, but as we had to up her
meds, the heart failure got worse. We ended her suffering today as she
did not want to eat anymore - well, she did want to eat, but it hurt
too much, as she was breathing too fast to eat properly.

She only had one toy she really loved - my mom gave it to her in 2003,
and she has kept it ever since. A cloth Pokemon called Bulbasaur, with
patches missing from his cloth....I tracked down an identical one a
year ago, but she wouldn't touch it. She knew Bulbasaur from another
one - and even the day she passed away, I gave him to her and she did
what she always did, went and tucked him into a safe spot. She babied
him, and she even babied me when she felt better - she would take me by
the finger and lead me to a safe spot as well, then let go and go play.
Of course, I couldn't stay where she "put" me for long, but I humored
her by letting her bring me where she wanted me to go. And ever since
last Christmas, she has been sleeping in an oversized Christmas
stocking out on the floor which goes into a cushy plush bed (thank you
to Ferrets with Soule for selling this to me, it was Lucy's favorite
place to sleep and helped her to sleep much better than before).

Her daddy Bill has only been with her for the last 3 or 4 years of her
life, but he will miss her very much too. We made the decision when the
meds did not help her breathing at all. There was just too much fluid
build up.

She will be in good company - there are many, many of our ferrets at
the bridge. The originals she grew up with - Okojyo, Zip, Mango I,
Kieran, Data, Fisher, Freya, and White will all be there, with all the
rescues as well, and her newer sister, Mishka who passed away recently.
She leaves behind 3 remaining originals - Fisher, Grey, and Mango. She
was my mom's "granddaugher" as I can't have kids, and she was extremely
spoiled. I am very happy she is finally at peace - no more bad days, no
more low blood sugar problems, no more pain.

Goodbye Lucy, we love you. She had 8 years with me - the longest I ever
had a personal ferret. I am glad for every day we had together.