Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 00:30:16 -0900
Not a version. It happens. It happened in North Carolina and there were
3 ferrets in the family put to sleep. It happened in Louisiana and the
ferret was released to F.E.R.R.E.T. and moved to Texas. This is the 3rd
case I know of. I have personal knowledge of the NC ferrets and have
known the ferret people involved with that one for years. The ferret
in LA was released through my attorney and transported by my mother.
Hope this helps clear up any confusion.

Let me further clarify that the ferrets in NC were put down along with
the dog(s) involved. They were not treated any differently from other
species, and it was not really believed that they were guilty of any
wrong-doing, but also policy, so unfightable. The ferret in LA was
NOT guilty - the local DA's office told me they knew it was the dog
(puppy) - and the puppy was also released to a rescue.

I have not kept up with this story. I would not be surprised to learn
that there are other animals in the house. The ferret should have been
caged anyway and I suspect it was probably just guilty of curiosity.
--
Renee Downs
"Eventually we will realize that if we destroy the ecosystem we