From:
squeeksz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:40:18 -0700
Well I am now vetless here in Brandon, FL (Tampa Bay area). Took my two
girls in for check ups. Mia is fine, only a bit of dental irritation
and slightly enlarged spleen (she will be six years old in January).
Chloe has all the signs of early adrenal disease (hair loss, itching,
decreased activity). Chloe is only 3 or 4 years old and surgery might
be an option for her - however I found out today that this practice
does not do any ferret surgery now, will not give Lupron Depot - "it is
not a good business decision for the practice" (I even offered to buy
the vial of med) and has not ever done any implants and doesn't seem to
want to learn to. Apparently they now don't see too many ferrets (guess
I can see why).

I was given the names of two vets some distance from me who seem to
really do all the things ferrets, over time, need. I will investigate
them tomorrow.

Am hoping someone in my area can direct me to a vet from their personal
experience.

Why do the fuzzies always end up on the short end of the stick? How can
one be an exotic vet, treating ferrets, know about all the treatments
available, but not extend themselves to do them?

On the other hand, at least they were honest.

Anyway, after 15 years with them, I am now vetless. Hope you all have
some suggestions.

Linda, Chole & Mia