From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:22:11 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. SaraFerret was playing Ping-Pong with
de kits. Two against one--Sigh! No Fair! They were just two quick for
her. All of a sudden, she heard the flutter of wings, and she saw Mimi,
de little girl courier, with a note in her paw. Mimi said,

"Hi SaraFerret, I guess I will be your courier again, at least for a
while. A ferret is crossing the Bridge and his Mommy request that you
greet him. Is there anyone you want me to get?"

She handed me the note which I read. Then I told her who to get and I
told the kits goodbye and headed for the entrance. I was just in time
to meet a cinnamon chocolate fuzzy at the entrance patiently waiting
for me. So I quickly introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. This is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He looked at me and said, "Its nice to meet you, but can you fix my
phomas? They have been awful for me and they make it hard for me to eat
and they aren't much fun either. Do you have any plush beds here like I
do at home? I sure don't see anything like that here. In fact it looks
kinda boring here. Where are all these friends at that you were telling
me about? All I see is you; not that you aren't a perfectly nice lady
ferret, but I just don't know you. But maybe we can become friends
anyway. This place seems awfully green compared to where I came
from--it was kinda dry if you know what I mean altho I not sposed to
say where. But anyway, I forgot to introduce myself, my name is Jasper
and I belong to Mommy Laryssa. Do you know her?"

I replied, "Jasper, I know you have many questions about this place.
As to your phomas, just feel your body, now doesn't it feel better. It
was healed the moment you crossed--it is one of the small things that
happen here. Now as to the plush beds--I don't know, we will have to
search; we do have cozy hammies and I am sure your friends can make up
a cozy plush bed for you with two hammies and some of the soft grasses.
There that will do it. I know your friends are not here right now, but
they will be around later on, so not to worry you won't have to hang
with an old lady fuzzy like me. I don't know your Mommy personally
although I have greeted a number of her fuzzies, so I feel as though I
know her. I guess you would consider this place very green considering
where you come from and no we can't say where that is. But I have
surprise for you! You are gonna get a pair of wings just like
mine--well not exactly like mine--yours will be boy wings--specially
designed for you. They are great for flying about the heavens--sure
beats hopping from cloud to cloud."

We started to leave but just then! We heard the shout of a courier that
a fuzzy was crossing and we turned to see who it was. We saw a young
sable with white markings on her face dashing across de bridge. Then
he recognized her and he shouted, "Mishka, its me, Jasper. Welcome to
the Rainbow Bridge. This is your new forever home. Here you won't hurt
anymore. And its gonna be lotsa fun and guess what, you gonna get wings
and oh yes, I forgot. This ladyferret here is SaraFerret and she is
our bridgegreeter. She is sposed to be doing all of this. But I got so
excited I just did it for her. I am so happy to see you. What are you
carrying in your backpack anyway. It sure seems heavy. Did you bring
me anything?"

Well, Mishka had barely had a chance to take a breath, what with Jasper
chattering away. But she was so relieved that there was someone she
knew. She said, "I left so quickly that Daddy and Mommy didn't even get
a chance to say goodbye. I know they will wonder if I got here safe. I
bet my friends at home will be upset. I hope they recover ok. But I did
manage to have two toys that I always had packed away (you know our
motto-be prepared) for the inevitable. I just didn't expect it to be
so soon. But here they are."

And she unzipped her backpack and took out two tiny toys --carefully
treasured--and they oohed and aahed over them and then carefully zipped
them back up lest they get crushed in all the rush. They would play
with them at special times so they wouldn't get damaged; who knew when
they would see toys from home again.

With all of that done, I asked both of them to follow me. We went down
the garden path to the Wing House where the wings were stored. We
opened the door and on the counter were two boxes--of course. One was
marked "Mishka" and the other was marked "Jasper." Mishka opened her
box first and took out her wings--silver with black streaks--perfect
for a sable with white markings on her face. I helped her put on her
wings and he adjusted her halo and then Jasper opened his box and took
out his wings--neon blue with black streaks--perfect for a cinnamon
chocolate fuzzy. She helped him put on his wings and I adjusted his
halo. Then each in turned ran to the big vanity mirror and gazed at
their reflection and when both were finished, in unison (as though they
were trained) they said, "Gee I wish Mommy and Daddy could see me now."
Then I gots an idea.

So we left there and went down the garden path to the Misting Pond. We
sat down beside the cool clear water and with one swish they saw the
vision of Mommy and Daddy appear. They got so excited they started
waving and dooking with all of their might.

"I love you Mommy and Daddy. Thank you for loving us. It is beautiful
here and so green. I am gonna get me a plush bed. I am sorry I left so
fast Daddy. I know you loved me Daddy. I just wanted to let you know I
got here safe. Oh yes, just in case you are missing some toys, I took
them with me, so they aren't lost. I have them here. We have wings now
and they are beautiful and when we get our flying lessons we will be
flying around the heavens. So don't be worried about us. We have each
other and soon we will meet the rest of the group here. We love you so
much."

Then they began to throw hugs and kisses and laid them on a nearby
shooting star which was headed to your house and by the time you should
read this it should have landed there. And with another swish the
vision was gone.

We left there and went down the road where we were met by a group of
fuzzies that I recognized. They were carrying a banner that read
"Welcome Mishka and Jasper". They were shouting and carrying-on. I
whispered to Jasper that these were his Mommy's fuzzies who had crossed
before him. So we all joined in the parade of joy and ran on down to
the small group of cottages. I could see some fuzzies running in and
out and I could hear music already a-playing. Mishka and Jasper were
amazed. "What's going on?" They asked me in a whisper. I replied in
a whisper, "Ah, it is a welcome to the bridge party, they are very
festive." So we got closer to the biggest cottage and went in and
Mercy! was there food there. All kinds and the newcomers were in for a
surprise, all those foods so forbidden on earth and they began to snack
away. Everyone started to visit and ask how the family was on earth and
how Mommy and Daddy was doing. After all they too had been away for so
very long. I snacked for awhile and visited with the others. I was
invited to stay a bit longer and dance. But I knew I had two kits at
home and a Ping-Pong game to finish. So I gave Mishka and Jasper a hug
and said my goodbyes and headed for home.

So ended another greeting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter