From:
Sue Savage <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:53:42 -0700
I need some help with getting Gidget to pack on some ounces. She has
dropped about 5 ounces since the end of September. It started when she
had an allergic (asthmatic) reaction to an air freshener I put in their
room, and she lost a couple ounces then. The vet said they can loose
weight from asthma, he gave her a steroid shot to stimulate her
appetite, and I took the air freshener out of the room, and she went
back up little. Then she started going back down, and the vet saw some
excess clastridium in her stool, so she's been on flagyl for the last
week. Her weight has been hovering between 1lb4oz and 1lb5oz for the
last 2 weeks (she's usually about 1lb9oz). She gets soup twice a day,
and she is eating dry kibble. The soup is made from Totally Ferret
Turkey, turkey baby food, ensure and water. I'm going to buy some
benebac tonight to add to it. She is still very alert, has a good
appetite, fur is shiny, eyes are bright. She is 6 years old. Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sue