From:
Cynde Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Oct 2010 10:01:55 -0400
A few weeks ago I had a happy household. Now it is turned upside down.
Why because of one small toy. A Rkki Tikki Snake.

How can one small toy cause so much havoc in a house? Let me start from
the begining. Hercules, the Alpha ferret had a snake, he loved his
snake, he would move it from place to place to keep it from Pandora.
Herc is mostly indifferent to things...His two loves, his crinkely bag,
and his snake. Even though he has other toys that he hids. That snake
was his.

I got 2 beautiful babies, for my birthday. Apollo a back boy and Kaleb,
a rare blue silver. These babies have been accepted, by Herc. (That
means he didn't eat them) LOL. I did it. I committed the worst sin
possible. I thought, (there was the first problem), because Herc
accepted the new babies he would share his toys. He shares with
Pandora. So I gave the boys, Herc's snake to play with. Well, in less
than 15 minutes, they tore that poor snake apart. They actually tore
it into pieces, and scattered the pieces of stuffing. Must have been a
tug of war thing? I have never had a ferret decimate a toy like that
before. I never expected them to tear it apart. I was shocked.

I read the Rikki Tikki, story on the fml, but did not pay attention to
the details of where to get the snake. Never thinking at the time that
Hercule's would meet with an untimely death. Herc had his snake and
took care of it...loved it.

If any knows where I can buy this snake please let me know. Hercules,
is substuting the snake with my webkin ferret. But it is too big for
him to drag around.

Hubby asks why I do not put it up. (Take it from him), I don't have the
heart since I was the cause of the loss of his snake. He lets me know
he want's his snake. I showed him the pieces, he is just not the
same...He had that snake for 5 years. It was his teddy bear.

A side note to the people who make ferret bedding. Please make some
pieces bigger. Hercules is 4 1/2 lbs. Beds are too small. He is too
big for tunnels, and funnels and most climb through ferret toys.