From:
Susie Lee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Oct 2010 20:22:37 -0500
This is Susie Lee, wife, friend, partner to Wesley Hurley who was a
staunch friend to all animals and very much especially ferrets. Wesley
has died of a sudden stroke in our home while his main hospice-care
nurse was right beside us both.

He would have been 76 if he could have made it to his next birthday
on Nov. 19th. We were planning to completely close down The Ferret &
Dove Sanctuary by this December because of his ill health from the
debilitating effects of advancing asbestosis, which was exacerbated by
his first stroke (you can see the thick heavy scar on his neck from the
carotid artery operation to remove a large clot there, last November)
back in late November, 2009. He thought he had at least another year.
His doctor told me he might make it to this Christmas,...maybe. I
suppose all the ferrets who've "gone ahead" were calling out to him
from the 'Bridge. You can't see it from the pics but around his bed he
had photos of all his favorite ferrets from down through the last 12
years where he could see them each and all.

I've posted the last picture of Wesley alive that was taken on November
10th, 2010 while he was at rest in bed. Now he's at the Rainbow bridge
greeting all the ferrets personally whom he kept alive the memories of
...where he could still see them and remember all their names. The body
he left behind will be, according to his own wishes, cremated and the
ashes interred at the cemetery on base near the Naval Air Station in
Pensacola becuase besides putting in 33 years as a merchant Marine, he
also served 8 years in the Navy, 1951 thru 1959. My daughter is coming
over to help me pack up and give away his stuff to the Goodwill, he
was always looking for any more things to give Goodwill, so I figure
to make him happy about that "up there" where he is, now.

The pic of Wes is here...
http://www.angelfire.com/theforce/ferret_rescuer/index.html