Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 10:51:52 -1000
I have a ferret whom is in need of a loving new home. I have several
ferrets of all ages and my little friend "Cracker" is just unable to
coexist with the others. I'm saying this after over 6 months of trying
to improve relations, and I am an experience ferret owner and have had
many ferrets, including ferrets with some major "bad" habits. I believe
all ferrets are able to be rehabilitated, so although it's breaking my
heart to even write this, I'm trying to find a loving, more suitable
home for my little love. He is very chipper and playful and has LOTS of
energy! He's very healthy and up to date on his shots. He's an albino
ferret just over two years old. The primary reason I am looking to
adopt him out is that he wants to play with the other ferrets but he
attacks the older females who almost have a heart attack each time he
does so. (One is 8, another 7.) They urinate and void on themselves
when he tries to engage them in play. He's just too rough. He gets
along with younger female ferrets that can out run and out play him,
and with all of my male ferrets. I've talked with my vet and his
behavior is not a result of any physical ailment (AGD or any other
issue). It's just the way he is.

At this point, he is kept in a separate area while the rest of the guys
are playing. This is unfair to him and he becomes sad. It's also not
fair to expose the older females to him either though. I have tried
quite a few reprimand techniques and I really think he's just too
excitable (and maybe a little ADHD!). Because I love him, I would like
to find him another home. He has not bonded to any of the ferrets here.
I'm looking for someone who has other ferrets so he is not lonely and I
am requesting an interview before decided to let him leave for happier
travels. I live in Albany, NY and am fine with traveling to see where
he would live and chat with his potential new human parent(s).

Please contact me via email: [log in to unmask]
if you are interest in helping us out. When you do, if you could just
tell me whether you have other ferrets and why you think Cracker could
fit into your brood, I'm appreciate it. Thanks to all.