From:
Natalie Fontane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jan 2010 23:48:47 -0800
I agree with Claire. I have heard from more than one person that their
shelter has not gotten in touch with the Santa who sent items to thank
them or send photos or even acknowledge that the package was received.
I know shelters are usually very busy, but I know very many of them
have responded or sent photos. I believe a shelter should be run very
similar to a business. Since you as the director are the voice of the
ferrets and the face of your organization, it is up to you to take half
an hour a day to reply to emails or phone calls so we in the real world
know there is someone behind the logo and cute fuzzy photos.

I was very sad to learn that some ferrets' Santas were not able to
follow through. Perhaps there can be something put in place next year
that keeps better records or can automatically remind a Santa to send
their gifts.

Natalie Fontane
www.scrivenersretreat.com