From:
Melanee Ellis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 2010 16:01:46 -0800
First, I would like to publicly thank all the wonderful Santas for Lane
Area Ferret Shelter in Eugene, Oregon. You were awsome! We received
some great bedding and toys and the always needed Ferretone and ferret
laxatives. Thank you again!

As far as not receiving gifts for certain ferrets before Christmas, I
have a great story. On November 17, 2009, I received an email from
someone saying they were sending a package for Sock, Sissy, and Nabu. I
was a little baffled as Sissy and Nabu weren't on the tree this year
because they had passed away. Come to find out, she had been unable to
send a gift the prior year and so decided to send it as a "better late
than never" gift! Even though I told her that two of the three ferrets
had passed, she sent us a wonderful box of bedding that all the ferrets
love. So, *I* think, better late than never gifts for shelter ferrets
are, and should be, welcome!

On that note, I am one of the "Bad Santas" who didn't get gifts out
to a couple of the ferrets I took from the tree. You know who you are,
and I DO still plan to send something, but I'm dealing with horrendous
migraine headaches which I have never had to deal with before; I've
been really sick since before Christmas, and am still not 100% yet. So,
for anyone who did NOT receive their gift from me, please know that I'm
still trying to get items to you and the ferrets and shelters they are
in are still in my thoughts and prayers. You all should know that those
of us who are "Bad Santas" may be dealing with personal and/or health
issues that preclude them from ensuring a gift is sent. So, Emily,
Leia, and Moose, your presents will arrive before Valentine's Day, I
promise!

Anyway, I'm am thankful for the the gifts from the Santas, the patience
of the shelter parents of the ferrets I chose and haven't sent anything
to, and the wonderful fraternity I share with everyone on the FML.
Thanks for making the Ferret Giving Tree 2009 such a great success.

Take care.
Melanee Ellis
Ferret Giving Tree Admin.
Bad Santa