From:
Jennifer B <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Jan 2010 02:54:58 -0800
Thanks, Suki, for publishing this list of newly designated
diplomates :-)
<http://www.abvp.com/lib_general/newdiplomates/2009-ClassofDiplomates.pdf>

I'm proud to announce that Charlie's veterinarian, Dr. Cathy
Johnson-Delaney in Kirkland WA, is now ABVP board certified in the new
Exotic Companion Mammal practice (she has also earned her ABVP Avian
Diplomate certification)!

To those who don't know what this represents ... ABVP Diplomates are
board certified in clinical practice for the species in which the
certification was granted and have demonstrated that they are capable
of providing a level of clinical practice clearly superior to the norm
of the profession by completing an extensive certification process
through a recognized specialty organization (such as ABVP). Most
veterinarians who are performing broad-based clinical practice are
not board-certified. ABVP Diplomates differ from regular veterinarians
in the depth of knowledge and competency they, as board certified
veterinarians, demonstrate in their field and the level of veterinary
service they are able to provide.

I consider myself SOOO lucky and blessed that I have almost a dozen
very "ferret knowledgeable" veterinarians within a 30 mile radius of
me and at least half of these vets work in or own/operate practices
specifically focused on exotics, which include ferrets. Besides Dr.
Cathy, three of these other veterinarians are working to get ABVP
board certified in the new Exotic Companion Mammal practice, which is
fantastic!

So if you find yourself working with a vet who isn't as knowledgeable
about ferrets as you would like and your veterinary choices are
limited, I would highly recommend that the veterinarian consult with
a BOARD CERTIFIED DVM. You can find Dr. Cathy's contact info here:
http://www.eaeamc.com/index.html

Hoping y'all are having a great start to the new year! :-)

Jennifer & Charlie

"Our purpose in life is to find our gift, perfect it, and give it back
to others"