From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Apr 2009 07:48:25 -0400
Dear FML Friends,

I am writing to say that we ferret owners know Ed Lipinski's post, to
those of us who know and understand ferrets, was at best unacceptable.

My concern is the NEW FERRET OWNER - trying to find some advice on a
problem and being told to shoot, under pressure from a water pistol,
cold water into the animals ear.

I am a Hospice Mom, and some of the ferrets that come into my care are
in deplorable condition when they arrived. I sit up all night with
them, rubbing warm soup on their lips to get them to eat. I hold them,
I talk to them, I spend all my time with them. I carry them around
inside my shirt. Some were so thin you could read through them. Some
were afraid, some would not eat, and some were just broken in mind,
body and spirit.

It is my job to fix them all.

Some of this is due to ignorance on the NEW ferret owners part. Some is
trying to teach them a lesson, if you don't eat, you won't poop on the
carpet.

My concern now is that some new owner will be at WalMart buying a water
pistol to train their ferret, and that Eds off the wall advice that
MAY BE TAKEN AS THE GOSPEL TRUTH. Please, new ferret owners, if you
have any questions, ask someone else. And Ed, you seem a man of great
knowledge, when the next ferret comes into Hospice Care, anywhere, how
about you put your money where your mouth is. Pay the Hospice Mom who
spends her time and energy to put this ferret back together again. Give
her the hourly rate of a caregiver with over time after the first 8
hours and only 12 more to go for the day.

The next day, she is on the couch with the ferret next to her. She is
working hard to repair trust and faith. You could donate her pay to a
deserving shelter. You could have meals sent in as she is eating cereal
twice a day so she can hold the ferret while it sleeps.

Be accountable for what you wrote Ed - Accountability is the key to
this countries problems, and while you are happy being part of the
problem, I will continue to be the solution.

I only read your posts so I will know how to help the next abused soul
that comes into my care. In a time when people do not have jobs or work
to do, I am in overdrive.

Marilyn Ledoux
Ledoux Hospice