From:
Michelle /Rory Dahms <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Apr 2008 02:53:04 -0600
Hello

We have recently started using wood pellet litter, which I have heard
is better than using clay litter. We have our 2 hobs in there own room
downstairs(concrete floors and two walls, other two walls are wood
framed). On our last clean up, we noticed that we had some small ants
in the corner. We cleaned up the area, moved the cage to the other side
of the room, and didn't worry too much about them. Within a couple of
days, we now notice that the ants have moved in to the litter box,
which are wood pellets. We have a corner litter box that has clay
litter in it and it does not seem to have any ants.

So I guess the real question here is "is clay litter safe?"

I would appreciate any comments on this,and thanks in advance.

Rory, Michelle,Tazz, and Nacho