Date:
Thu, 29 May 2008 10:52:03 EDT
A few months ago, I received a phone call from a guy, who got my name
as a ferret person. (gee I wonder why? :-) ) He'd just bought a male
baby for his 7 year old son. I gulped and answered a few basic
questions. Yesterday I got a call from this same guy. He'd bought a
female as a companion for the little male. BUT she won't use the potty
box much! He told me he'd "trained" the boy to hit the box at least 95%
of the time. Yuh...we all believe that one. The little girl is thumbing
her nose at him and doesn't hit the box well enough to suit him. Thus
HE'S GETTING RID OF HER! despite my protestations that he shouldn't
split up the pair. He just plain said I'm doing it anyway. I don't
care if she dies.

The gist...I gave him Brenda Johnson's phone number at the Lakeroad
Ferret Farm shelter. He refuses to bring her shots up to date and won't
pay a rescue fee according to Bren. I'm afraid this guy will just put
her outside and leave her. We live in a rural area of upstate New York.
I simply cannot take in any more. Our finances are in serious disarray
as my husband was recently diagnosed with Lyme's disease and our
medical bills are out of sight. I want to take care of the ones I have
well. My Cher girl is 9 1/2 years old and doesn't need the stress of
another little one. Thus my plea...

If anyone can take this little girl (who doesn't hit the poop box
enough!) please contact me. We live in the Corning, NY area. I would
be willing to help transport her part way to a new forever home.

Barb and the remaining 2 whirling dervishes...Cher and Sam

Help Feed Rescued Animals:
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/clickToGive/home.faces?siteId=3
No one in the world needs a mink coat but a mink. - Murray Banks
Animals can communicate quite well. And they do. And generally
speaking, they are ignored. - Alice Walker
Hunt each other - leave the animals alone.