From:
Joan Scheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Feb 2008 08:21:00 -0500
>Subject: Question About Chuckling/Dooking
>
> Is chuckling or dooking known to be anything but a sound expressing
> happiness, a desire to play, joy, etc.?
>
> ~Eri in TX

Eri,

Chuckling to me has always meant laughter: that breathy "khe, Khe, Khe"
and is distinctly different a noise than dooking. Dooking in it's
amazing range of pitch is their language for everything; from a male
pursuing his love interest, to agitation over snagging treats. Is Kitty
a hearing Ferret? Very often deaf or hearing impaired kids are much
louder in their protests that other hearing abled kids. Females also
tend on the whole to be rather bossy IMO, so she may very well be
telling him to keep to his space as you said. From how you describe
the dooking on his part, I'd say he's trying to convince her to get a
little lovin' with him, and she feels otherwise.:D She will have to
tell him the limits she sets, ,or he'll just have to suffer her noise
and rejection.

It's a thing I'd let them come to terms with on their own, if as you
say, there is no real agression.

Just my 2 cents.

Joan