Date:
Mon, 25 Feb 2008 10:42:21 -0500
That's awesome news, Linda.

I have never in my life understood how many of the Petco's stores do
their ordering in this part of TN anyway. It's ridiculous. They get
tons of budgies, bunnies and ferrets that just really don't move.
Why do they need 12 ferrets in a tiny glass enclosure! This is
redneckville, man! Good God, people eat them, not house them. Just
kidding! Don't get yer panties in a wad ... ya know I love ya'll.

Seriously, there are no "ferret people" here, so where do they go?
That's a huge mystery here, but I did find a partial answer to it. I
got talking to an employee because I felt bad for some birds that had
been sitting in cages for six months. They told me that they were going
to be "rotated/relocated" soon. Eh? She explained that when an animal
sits too long, it simply gets shipped to a sister store in hopes that
it sells there. Makes sense. But the thing is, these stores end up
having to do a lot of that here. Now I get why my store gets shipments
of "new" birds that are so old sometimes. And why ferrets will sit for
8-10 weeks, then mysteriously get sold by 8-10 weeks EVERYTIME.

Ps, great video!

Wolfy