From:
Millie Sanders <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Feb 2008 14:02:49 -0600
I received an email from a party stating she knows from talking to some
of the employees that Petco IS buying from Rainbow.

My information they were not came from Regional Manger over 3 states.

She is an advocate of ferrets and did a lot of changing in this area
plus she let us help police their stores. Managers are aware of us and
we are to go to them first, if they don't make a change (which usually
they do), then we go to her. Not once when I turned in a complaint did
I not receive an acknowledgement within hours but usually had a report
by the end of the day. Our people continued to watch those stores till
we were sure the fix wasn't temporary.

It may well be in other states they are not so good. It is hard to
believe Petco's here order their ferrets from up the north while
Rainbow is here in Texas, I am ashamed to say, and Petco's up north
order them from down here.........

But if in your area you are seeing Rainbow ferrets (are you sure they
are Rainbow or from some other vender) out of Petco, I won't argue as
I have no first hand knowledge.

Hopefully by losing Petsmart, Rainbow will cease raising ferrets.

Millie and her Cleaning Crew
www.Txferretrescue.org