From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 09:36:48 -0500
Laryssa wrote:
>...with shelters full up spending government dollars on the euthanasia
>and temporary care of all these dogs, cats, and small mammals - you
>would think someone with half a brain would step up and say "no more"
>to pet shops

Laryssa, I am not sure where you get your information but THERE IS NO
MONEY given to shelters from the government... we have to raise it all
ourselves or hope that folks will donate. Not even for euthanasia of
the sickest or hopelessly abused.

The government requires us to pay licensing fees, file IRS paperwork,
pay an accountant-- but they do NOT give any funds to ferret shelters
or any other cat, dog shelters.

Alicia , a tired shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org
PS- if you know of a source of funding form the government we would
love to know about it!