From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 May 2008 00:11:41 -0400
Dear Risa & TIm,

You bestowed the greatest gift upon Ismo and his brothers. That is the
gift of unconditional love for however long you could give it. Ismo was
so lucky to have you all in his life and I know he will never be far
from you.

We tend to forget that life comes with no promises... some leave from
our touch quickly while others seem to live on much longer. In my
experiences ferrets just never live long enough. Ferrets weave a tight
grip on the heartstrings like no other pet and when they leave the tug
pulls deep.

You did all that was imagineable to give Ismo more time, but we cannot,
as much as we would like, alter the plans that are to be. Each life has
a purpose on earth, I truly believe that and when that is realized it
is time to go. It is understanding the purpose that seems the hardest
part of life's mystery. You were there for Ismo, as it was meant to
be... and his time with you was likewise. Though you will bear the
pain of loss it is also important to rejoice in the sweet moments you
shared, knowing indeed you made a great difference in his life. It may
be a former owner was on the other side calling him home, it may have
been a cagemate was waiting. We cannot really guess why they leave, but
we can certainly uncover the reason they shared our time and celebrate.

I send my most sincere condolences to you... and also the hope that you
will soon be able to celebrate Ismo, his purpose, and finally, feel his
presence as he watches over you all.

Brightest Blessings,

Alicia D, shelter Mom
www.ferretwise.org