From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2008 17:34:01 -0500
That a young energetic ferret shouldn't play with a golf ball? Happy
LOVES those generic PetCo stamped rattle balls but they're such a thin
plastic that he literally shreds them. I'm not going to keep getting
them for him because a) they cost money and one doesn't even last him
a day and b) I am MILDLY concerned about him accidentally swallowing
a piece of one. While he doesn't show any interest in anything other
than things ferrets should eat, I just don't like the idea.

I figure at least he wouldn't be able to shred a golf ball and if he
does, he probably isn't something that should be kept as a pet and live
in someone's house! : P J/K!!! He loves pushing them around with his
nose, he runs all over the house chasing them. It's crazy! Just what
he's doing to shred them, I'm not 100% sure but he's done it more than
once.

He's also the ferret who has made crochet eggs illegal (at least for
now...) in our house. He shreds them too! You know how snakes have the
oddly hinged jaws for swallowing their food, I think Happy secretly
has hinged jaws...

So, the only thing I can think of with golf balls is the possibility
of broken teeth but would a ferret really go that far as so break his
teeth while playing? I would think the whole process would hurt and
they would stop before it got that far...I just don't know.

Thoughts? I'm thankful for anything anyone has to offer!

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael
"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by
the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the
shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be the blade that was broken, The
crownless again shall be king."
"May it be you journey on To light the day; When the night is overcome
You may rise to find the sun"