Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2008 02:05:45 -0800
Does anyone know what will happen to Petco now? I wonder if they will
start to pick up the slack.

Petsmart vs. Petco in my book - I've heard more horror stories from
Petco. So, I'm not THAT thrilled as I see Petco getting tons of
business now that Petsmart isn't going to sell them. Hopefully the
reasons that Petsmart got out, will also affect Petco and we will see
Marshall Farms no longer sell them in major chains. Of course they will
always breed dogs and ferrets for lab use, though (unfortunately).

Personally I think the US is out of their minds with all the animal
sales - honestly, with shelters full up spending government dollars on
the euthanasia and temporary care of all these dogs, cats, and small
mammals - you would think someone with half a brain would step up and
say "no more" to pet shops - making people adopt and take care of what
they have instead? (I know this is not possible but a compromise would
be nice).

Laryssa