Date:
Wed, 13 Feb 2008 23:16:41 -0500
I think I can safely say all of these sweet kids will soon have new
homes! We've recieved some wonderful responses for homes, in FL,
with the exception of two males who will go elsewhere and if every
application is approved, all the kids will have homes soon, including
keepng the 6 together! I can't thank everyone enough! It will take a
bit of time to get their vaccines, ADV tests and arrange transportation
but that will give the little ones not feeling so well time to heal.
There's some stress ulcers going on and tiny Nami is insulinomic. I
have two more to test tonight to rule out insulinoma. They're on soup
and meds as needed and I see Flurry gaining weight already altho she
didn't really need it. She sure has no problem pigging out on soup! No
bites so far either. J The kids have had so much fun checking out all
the toys, the tubes and especially the rice box. They just love it.

A few of the kids are due for Lupron and Melatonin implants, any help
with that would be appreciated. I think Sneakers needs Lupron ASAP and
I hope to get that for him tomorrow. I've been told food is being sent.
Thank you! A dear friend posted I need lots of bedding. J You can't
have too much but mostly what we need are sleep sacks, a couple of
hammocks and a couple of large blankets. I've already ordered some of
the cage floor mats. The only other things we need help with would baby
food & a/d, I'm up to ten bowls twice a day plus a large bowl for the
other kids when we have enough. We may have help with vaccines and ADV
testing. Distempers will be started Friday, I have enough for the first
10 and it doesn't take long to get an order shipped which may not even
be necessary. Bedding, food and toys always go out when little ones
leave here so they have something familiar with them. I do think it
helps cut down on stress a little. They have toys that came with them
also.

I sincerely hope Arlena will be able to rest easier when they're in
their new homes, this was terribly hard for her. I'm pretty strict
about where they go but I don't apologize for it. We want them to
have the best life possible.

Thanks so much, everyone! You made it happen for Arleana and the
babies.

Jackie

[P.S.] A quick addition to my post:

Eleanor has donated and put up for auction two adorable ferret heart
ornaments for this rescue. They're just adorable! But note, only the
heart ornaments that say resq are the items for this rescue. They're
a must see as all her figurines are!

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZminkey98