From:
Lauren Austin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2008 08:24:04 -0500
I have been reading on the FML about what people do to honor a ferret
who has died. All are good ideas and I would like to add one more.

When my Lester died in December I couldn't even talk about it to my
closest friends. I was so devestated. Weeks later when I could talk
a little I went to visit my friends at the South Shore Ferret Care
Shelter. After many hugs and much consolation, Diane and Michele
presented me with a black footed ferret they had sponsored in Lester's
name. They couldn't find a ferret named Lester so they found one whose
name began with an L. He is a beautiful boy and I love the thought that
my Lester is his guardian angel.

I can't bring my Lester back, but it makes me feel better to know that
he helped another ferret in need. He is looking down from ferret heaven
saying "Good job Auntie Diane and Auntie Michele! I love you."

Laurie Austin MA foster mom to 23 rescued ferrets