Date:
Wed, 6 Feb 2008 22:36:05 EST
>Carole did that. Regularly. Few of her oldsters could have survived
>otherwise.
>
>Sam

Sam

Thank You so much for saying so eloquently what I have been trying to
say. Folks believe what you will but Carole did it all for the Ferrets.
I know as I am that person along with my wife who Sam wrote about going
to Carole's on several occasions to visit and to help and most of all
to Learn...Everything Ferret.

Yes alot of the ones that Carole took in were old frets folks... older
frets were her specialty so to speak. They were throw aways from others
who tired of their ferrets. Who abused their ferrets and who injured
their ferrets. One of the frets Carole had in her house was an injured
boy named Gus-Gus who had been injured some time before Carole got him.
The vet told her that surgery was out due to the fact that the bones
had healed back out of place and it would be too much to try to re
break the bones and reset them due to his age and physical being. Well
he was a firecracker none the less and Gus-Gus rolled to what he wanted
to reach and he was one of her house frets. He got out in her office
area and he roamed by rolling to where he wanted to go and was a happy
fret. He had his own food and when they took him from her she tried to
get the Ac folks to take his food with them but they refused. He was
one of the frets I think that got killed when they arrived.

Folks I don't think they even were checked out by a vet at all. There
is now information that when a A /C officer went to Carole's Vet to get
the records from them about her rescue, she told witness that she and
another tech were ordered to kill all the ferrets on truck number such
and such. They came in and were put down when they arrived. She made no
mention of any vet checking over the ferrets or not. She also stated
she didn't know why the ferrets were ordered put down for as far as
"she" could tell they were mostly in good shape. Does that sound like
Triage to anyone out there? I know I am very vested in this whole
sordid mess but I will stand by Carole as she is my ferret friend and
I will not let it go. She was wronged and I will tell you this. Almost
Everyone who knows Carole is standing by her in this mess. OBTW Yes her
water was out at the time of this "raid" but that was because the day
before, two installers broke a faucet off of her utility room while
installing a new Heavy duty high capacity washer and dryer on pedestals
so Carole could do the laundry for her ferrets easier. They couldn't
get a plumber out so they had to wait until late Tuesday to get it
fixed after the "BIG RAID" She had bottled water on hand for the
ferrets folks and she fed and watered them twice a day even tho she
could not get the pans cleaned due to ill health and an injured left
shoulder.

We all have been at that point folks. We have all had days or even
weeks when we had to get along on what we could do and hope to get
better to do more. OBTW Lisa Leddig has been going down to the ASPCA
and the Humane Shelter and helping out with the ferrets in questions
by trimming nails and such and I think she could tell you that the
frets are in good shape. Dirty perhaps but in good shape. We all know
how quickly frets get dirty don't we?

Thanks to all who back Carole in this mess. Thanks Lisa for caring in
this whole mess. Best to all and OBTW do any of you know how I met
Carole in the first place? Sam introduced us over the phone when she
was here the last time.. Thank You Sam for making my life a bit
brighter... Hey lets stay fuzzy out there.......

Fred Hurd
Reno Nevada.