From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2008 09:55:53 -0500
Renee

Your story in the FML today reminded me of when I was a poor college
student, and my boyfriend and I took a train from Charlottesville VA to
Boston MA to visit his family. It was a very long train ride, and the
food on the train was more expensive than we expected. By the time we
arrived in Boston, we barely had enough money for the phone call to his
mom to come pick us up from Kittery Point ME.

We wandered about Boston Commons waiting for her to arrive, and a bum
came up to us and asked for cash. We told him we were flat broke
ourselves. He reached into his pocket and brought out a big handful of
change and offered it to us. We explained that we had someone coming
to pick us up and would be fine, and thanked him for his generosity.

It is an incident I will never forget, that even those with very little
can offer to help those with nothing.

Linda