From:
LINDA FRASER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Feb 2008 14:22:59 -0800
Her name is Ivy, she is about 6 or 7 years old, I adoped her and her
cage mate Craig who is 2 years old from Deb's Ferret Rescue in Montague
Michigan. She has been so full of life and both she and her cage mate
blended in with the two other ferrets I had as well and they all bonded
together. She was like a mom to the three boys.

She is smaller than the rest and could make whooses out of my big tall
Siamese male cat, sending him running or jumping up on the nearest
thing he could find then he could spit at her, and she would look up at
him as if to dare him to come back down so she could case him again!
She has given me loads of laughter over that than I can count, and much
much more. But now my little girl has cancer all in her little tummy,
and my heart hurts for her.

I hold her in my arms letting her know how much she is loved no matter
far away she will go. She is still hanging on, and trying to eat and
does, but most of all she just lays there and doesn't play anymore. I
know that I can't make a miracle, and when her time to go to the Bridge
comes I will have to let go, it doesn't make things easier. I knew when
I took an older ferret on that there was this possibility that she
wouldn't be with me long. But when I look at her, I'm glad I did, she
still had love to give and gave me that love along with the laughter.
She has been worth her weight in gold to me, as all of my fert kids,
Deb is a friend and she has helped me through, and she's the one who
helped me get on the FML, where there is a whole huge community of
ferret people who understand. I have learn so much from all of you as
well about loss of a baby. Ivy isn't gone yet, it's only a matter of
time, she sure could use some prayers, she is such a beautiful little
soul, who says older ferrets aren't wonderful, they are great too, and
she is one of them, I'm so glad that I gave her a forever home, and
love to go with it.

Linda Fraser from Muskegon, MI..