Date:
Thu, 10 Jan 2008 23:53:06 -0500
I thought Alicia from Ferretwise had a really good idea when she posted
last week asking for submissions on this subject for her newsletter.
Why not do the same thing here? While I've learned many things from
our little ones, here's what I have found to be the most valuable...

I learned all too hard a lesson from our Neo, who left us for the
bridge early in 2007. He taught me never to take for granted the
presence of those that I love in my life. Too many days passed when he
was healthy that I did not give him the time that I now wish I had.
When he got very sick and needed my help desperately, I gave it to him
without question, but those last few months left me wishing that I
had made the same time for him when he was healthy and full of life.
Regrets can haunt us for a long time, and I have learned from Neo to
make quality time for my ferrets every day. We now have four other
adopted rescue ferrets, and Neo's picture hangs by their cage as a
reminder to me of how important it is to them and to me to make the
time for them every day, for we never know what tomorrow may bring.

Jeff

In Memory of Neo
Caring for Trinny, Morphy, Baby Girl, and Luna