From:
Joan Scheer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 27 Oct 2007 17:52:19 -0400
Dawn,
Deaf is not dumb. he will follow visual signs. I currently have 3 deaf
kids and they all responded well to signs. When you say "NO" to him,
wag your finger with it. When you want him to come, motion towards
yourself. give treats when he does what you ask.

Simple signals that you both understand , along with consistency and
patience, and lots of love will hopefully bring him around.
Here is a site from Ferret Central that may help you and Simon

http://members.aol.com/Cbax899/deaf.htm

As for raw diets, I feed my kids a mush as a supplement and began by
cooking it all. I gradually reduced the amount of cooking time until,
basically, it bcame just the raw mixture. I put it on defrost in the
microwave to take out the chill of the fridge.

I don't feed a whole raw diet, this is just supplemental to their
regular kibble mix, but in theory it should work.

Maybe someone else can supply you with some raw feeding sites.