Date:
Fri, 12 Oct 2007 07:44:35 -0700
I'll be offline for the weekend while traveling to the Greater Chicago
Ferret Assoication's show in Lake Villa, Illinois. This year I'll be
talking the entire day on any subject requested (sans veterinary
treatment -- I am not a vet). Think you can stump me? I double-dog
dare you to try! ;-)

I always enjoy the GCFA show and love seeing all those wacky
cheeseheads that sneak into Illinois to face the toll roads (so
why don't they bring me ample samples of tasty cheese? I cry in
disappointment every year <whine> Yes, there is a specific person
I am teasing). It is always a very fun show.

I understand the "cars on a spike" sculpture (seen in Wayne's World) in
Berwyn IL (near Chicago) is threatened with extinction, so I will be
taking a few photos this weekend (I think it is still there, but not
sure). For those of you who love Roadside Art as much as I do, you can
use it as an excuse to go to the ferret show AND take a cool photo of
something that might be lost forever. Ah, one of my hidden loves:
photographing weird stuff like "The World's Largest Pecan," statues of
giant objects, buildings shaped like bottles and other stuff, and my
favorite category of strange, "Cars sticking in Buildings." Ah, now you
know why I once printed postcards showing giant ferrets. A warped sense
of humor!

I hope to see a lot of old friends and make some new ones!

Bob C  [log in to unmask]