Date:
Mon, 8 Oct 2007 07:17:34 -0700
I do understand your concern, but the shelters took in the ferrets
without any thought of compensation from the AFA. I am sure they never
thought, Hmmm, I am going to take in 1-100 ferrets b/c I just know the
AFA will give me compensation for doing it. they took in the ferrets
b/c they knew there was a need and they knew it was the right thing
to do.

If the AFA is going to compensate shelters then moneys from others can
go to those shelters who do not ADV test or cannot get approval from
the AFA. Spilt the $$ you were going to give and then give it to the
AFA and a shelter who cannot get approval.

Standards should NEVER be lowered. Period. AFA didn't have to do
anything. But they are. If this is only going to help out some shelters
then so be it. Atleast it IS helping.

No shelter took in these ferrets with any thought of compensation, thus
the requests for a list of who took them in so we can start giving $$
and items to them directly or through other parties.

I respect your opinion. I do. I just do not agree with it :)

Hugs,
Staci