Date:
Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:05:46 -0400
Thanks to everyone who answered my post regarding the supplement called
Panc'rse & Glucobalance. I will call them tomorrow and send it back. I
wasn't going to give it to Rocky, after I saw it listed under diabetes
and that it had alcohol it it, but wanted to verify my fears about it.

I found the original email from Azmira's product info and they did
say that this supplement could be used "for any pancreas problem in
ferrets," and referred me to a book by Dr. Lisa S. Newman called "Three
Simple Steps to Healthy Pets." I didn't get the book.

I'm still not sure whether to give Rocky the pharmaceutical Pediapred
or the pred from the compounding pharmacy. He seems to be doing better
on the commercial Pred, but he's also getting more bloated. Maybe it's
stronger.

Does anyone know how long it would take to notice a difference when
using either form of Pred? A day? A week? Or more?

Thanks again to everyone for answering my questions and giving me
support through Rocky's illness. I have never taken care of a sick
animal before and with Rocky being my first ferret, it's been very
difficult. I'm never sure if I'm doing the right thing or making
the right decisions, and the vet situation hasn't helped matters.

With much gratitude,
Shron & Rocky