From:
"sue L." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 03:39:43 -0500
[Moderator's note: Sue is choosing to greet her Spikey in the style of
Saraferret, Sodaferret and the many greeters preceeding them. Sue is
not available for general greetings as far as I know -- she just greets
her own from time to time. And condolances, Sue and Dave. BIG]

Dweezil, the official leader of the Bridge WINCHESTER WEEZILS was
fishing at their misting pool when he saw Dave and Sue once more in
tears at losing one of their beloved ferrets. Yesterday, Spikey was
helped to The Bridge. He was brought home several months ago from Lori
Sie's. He had a rather large bellly, lymphoma, and was adrenal. loved
attention and ferrettone and soft blankets. He had gotten to the point
where he wasnt able to make it to the litterbox and only could paddle
short distances because of the size and weight of his tummy. Dr. castle
said he had a massive longitudinal growth the was so involved witht
he internal organs that it couldnt be removed. His respiratory rate
increased daily. Dr. Castle and Dave and Sue decided it was time for
him to join the WINCHESTER WEEZILS at the Bridge.

Dweezil called together all the furkids that were available at that
time. Some had gone to visit other friends and werent due hiome for a
few says. So. Angie, Buford, Angel, Cher, Sonny, and Spirit all solemly
went to the gates of the Bridge.

Moonbeam Molly was just making her approach with Spikey in the basket.
Spikey wanted to ride longer, but Molly said she had more furkids to
get and maybe he could go with her some other day.

Dweezil met Spikey and introduced himself and the others as part of his
family. He knew Spikey didnt know many of them, but he mad Spikey feel
at home there.

He told Spikey about the all the treeats and soft hammies and good food
at the Bridge. He explained that the W.W. lived in their own camp but
visited others all the time and had parties and get togethers all the
time where they lived. As a matter of fact, they were working with all
the residents of the Bridge on the Thanksgiving Day feast they were all
going to have. And what a day that was going to be with all the animals
at the Bridge getting together for a feast!!! Spikey then asked Dweezil
where his wings were. SEems daddy Dave had told him about having wings,
but Spikey was wonderinf if his huge tummy would prohibit him from
flying.

Dweezil said--"what tummy??" and giggled. Spikey was now trimmer and
very heatlhy. "What happened??"

"We are all healthy here", said Dweezil.

"Oh, I now remember Daddy DAve telling me that would happen", They all
did a war dance to celebrate.

Soon they went to the house where the wings were. Spikey asked for a
set of purple and gold ones. Wow--arent those flashy!!.

Then, off they went-back to the W.W. camp to party and frolic. Dweezil
took Spikey off alone and showed him their brach of the Misting Pool,
and told him he could see mom and dad anytime he wanted and send them
kisses--which he immediately did.

Note---we will miss you and your courage--Spikey!! We love you!!

Sue, Dave, and the earthly WINCHESTER WEEZILS