From:
Jeanne Carley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:35:57 -0700
Hello all,

Last week, on behalf of The Ferret Education Foundation, $3,000.00 was
sent to three organizations, to specifically help with the McKay rescue
situation. Another $2,000.00 went to other ferret clubs and shelters.
The Ferret Education Foundation was started by my father and I to help
ferret shelters in the US with veterinary bills and other expenses.
Sadly the news of the McKay situation didn't reach us immediately but
we hope these much needed funds will help those dealing with such a
sorry state of affairs.

Also I wanted to let you know that my small company, The Ferret
Company, in addition to donating free calendars with every club/shelter
order, also donated $250.00 to West Coast Ferrets from sales of my
custom prints at this year's Symposium in Portland. $50.00 from every
print sold when to this organization, one of the most active here in
CA. Because this endeavor was so successful, I've decided to make a
similar offer to other clubs and shelters.

If your club or shelter would like to participate, ask your members
to specify your club or shelter when placing a custom print order with
The Ferret Company. What will happen then is that the member will be
charged full price for the print (plus shipping and tax if applicable)
but $50.00 from the sale will be donated to S.O.S. with your club or
shelter specifically named. That money will then be sent to the
club/shelter specified. Be sure to have your member communicate the
name and address of the shelter so I am not confused about where to
have S.O.S. send the donation!

Best wishes to all of you involved in rescue. While I can never imagine
being faced with a rescue of that size, I do know what is involved in
ferret rescue-- every ferret I took in here in CA had to be flown out
of state so I know it can be expensive, difficult, and stressful but
very gratifying.

Jeanne Carley
P.S. Please be sure to check our links
http://www.ferretcompany.com/links.html page for clubs and shelters
that carry my 2008 calendar, Ferret Motion. I can only fill quantity
orders so please buy from one of my re sellers.
--
Jeanne Carley's 2008 edition, Ferret Motion is coming soon! In the
meantime, you can enjoy some amazing ferret photography visit

NEW! Custom prints of Jeanne's terrific ferret photos! Is there a
ferret picture that you've always loved? You can now order your
favorite ferret photo by Jeanne Carley. Click on Collections to choose.