Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:40:55 -0400
I, too, traveled to southern Ohio on Sunday to help with the rescue
and took down a car full of supplies. I swore to myself, my son and
my boyfriend that I wasn't going to bring home any new ferrets.

Well....... I now have two of the rescue girls who are rapidly turning
out to be vampires with one possibly being pregnant. The little dark
sable who might e pregnant goes to the vet on the 17th and the other
one on the 29th. So far we have named them Lucy and Milano as the
boyfriend is a district sales manager with Pepperidge Farm and since he
donated a case of goodies for the volunteers...... I now have a Milano.

I haven't seen anything on here about Julie Dyke from HOFA and I think
she deserves a huge kudo. She was working hard on the group where I
helped and it was really coming together well. God bless Julie! A big
THANK YOU to all of you ferret people out there who are helping. Ferret
people are just the best! The ferrets all had a piece of bedding in
their cage and had just gotten fresh water and food right before I
got there. Guess who got to scoop poo? I brought down a big bottle of
Ferretone, a tube of Ferretvite and two bags of chicken Bandits. My
son went from cage to cage and those who were awake, including my two
new vampires, got treats. It was so sad to see that they didn't know
what to do with the 'tone and the 'vite, but they quickly caught on
and lapped it up. My girls are petrified and wearing leather gloves
has helped me. They are now in a playpen with a play mat, sleepy sacks
and tunnels. They haven't figured out yet that they can go inside the
sacks - they prefer to stay on top. We'll work on that. They also do
not know how to climb into a hanging hammie. Hopefully that, too, will
change. These ferrets have been through a lot and they're already
calming down a bit. I make sure I pick them up every morning and every
night - petting them, talking to them and giving them Ferretvite and
kitty malt. I think they're totally freaked out. They're both very,
very cute and hopefully the biting will slow down after they get used
to the changes.

P.S. I'll take any and all hints on biting!!!!!!! I will be donning
the garlic necklace and wearing the cross to ward off the vampires!!!

Julie Coddington, Project Manager
Medical Staff Services
Grant Medical Center

(614) 566-8667 telephone