From:
Kesrael Vacchon <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Sep 2007 14:21:25 -0400
Last month, I picked one single flea off of Kahlua. I went over her for
about an hour after I picked that one off and couldn't find another one
for the life of me. Happy had a few of them on him when he came into
the house but I bathed him right away. Now this morning I discovered
one on Jack. Of course, he would never be still and let me go over him
the way Kahlua did that one time, but...

Both of the cats and both of the dogs always wear the Zodiac flea
collars from PetCo and we never see a single flea on any of those
animals. And I know those flea collars work because we had a massive
flea infestation before we started using them. It was so bad that when
the dog was on her back, you could see them crawling on her stomach.
(This was quite a few years back though -- we've been using those flea
collars ever since)

I do use the ferret safe flea shampoo that I buy online. I forget where
it's from but it's safe for ferrets and the environment, etc. But I'd
like to use something more even if it's only until the colder months
set in. (I will not use Frontline or Advantage year round on the
ferrets, I just don't see how that could possibly be good for their
systems over and over) What do you guys use?

When I brought the boys into the house, Fred had ear mites so we
treated every single animal in the house for 2 months (Ellen said I
wouldn't even have had to do it for 2 months, she thought 1 would be ok
but I wanted to be safe) with either Frontline or Advantage, I can't
remember which. I could run up and check the vet receipts and see
exactly which one it was but I'll do that later.

Does anyone know the advantage of using one over the other? Or of any
other treatment? I don't know if just bathing/laundering bedding would
be suffice. I'd bet that there would probably be at least a few fleas
in the carpets that the bathing/laundering wouldn't kill.

Welcome any help/discussion! : D

~Tammy - a.k.a. Kesrael

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be the blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king."

"May it be you journey on
To light the day;
When the night is overcome