From:
Vicki Montgomery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 17:56:00 -0800
I've heard from a couple of friends with ferrets on the Giving Tree
who are a bit concerned.

The Giving Tree is such a wonderful idea, a wonderful thing to help
shelter moms and dads have a little extra for their fuzzy guests.

These ladies have not heard from their ferret's Secret Santas. I don't
know if it is part of the procedure for a Secret Santa to contact the
shelter where the chosen fuzzy lives or not, but one of these ladies
has now heard through the Grapevine, that someone who does not like
her, chose her ferrets for the purpose of NOT sending anything, and by
choosing those ferrets is making sure that no one sends a Holiday
offering. Now the Grapevine is not always reliable, but sadly often it
is.

I just want to say that I think if this is true what a horrible, evil
thing it is to do especially in this our traditional season of giving
and sharing; showing compassion and making amends. I also think only a
petty, childish person would do such a thing.

If this information is true I do hope there is a way to ensure that
anyone who does this never again is allowed to participate in any
ferrety project. We don't have to like each other or like everything
said or done by others. But to take our own feelings out on an innocent
animal or punish someone who runs an honest rescue who we don't like
this way is in my opinion just hateful and evil.

I do pray that the Grapevine is wrong in this case and that the other
moms who have not heard from their Secret Santas also have nothing to
worry about for their fuzzy charges Christmas.

Vicki

Vicki Montgomery
Tricks and Treats Rescue
Greater Houston/Galveston Texas
713-472-6599

[log in to unmask]  or  [log in to unmask]
http://pets.groups.yahoo.com/group/FerretCare/ - Join ferret care and
share your care experiences
"Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things,
man will not himself find peace." ~ Dr. Albert Schweitzer