Date:
Thu, 2 Nov 2006 04:57:04 -0500
I believe "chew" was covered yesterday as the act of "masticating' food
in order to swallow it. In the 19yrs. I`ve been owned by ferrets, I
certainly have watched them "eat" AND "chew" completely, their dry food
with water chaser! "Saliva" is introduced to just about, if not all,
species when "any" type of object, be it food or the occasional chew
toy, is introduced to the mouth. Ever hear of "making your mouth
water"?....

I wish the words "raw", "meat" & "bone", as well as "kibble" would stop
being "emphasized", AGAIN, into every post about fert food! ALL foods
will stick to the teeth after swallowing, not just one in particular!
Brush them!!...Like most of us hoomans do after eating!!

The word "chew" is used because "I" can`t think of a better "single
word that describes a ferret eating"...a nice, fresh bowl of nourishing
kibble!! Shirl, I wish you would STOP the "raw, meaty bone" phrase, as
you well should know that not everyone AGREES with you,.....oh, & btw,
"Over time", EVERYTHING wears down the teeth of ALL living things, with
time,....and has anyone out there remember(would be hard to forget)
'cracking' a tooth when eating peanuts, hard candy, hard cereal(kibble,
granola, etc.), knawing on a cooked meaty bone, etc.?? I do!! ..and I
also brush the "FOOD" from MY teeth even after 'saliva' & water has
assisted swallowing the raw, meaty bowl of Kibble!! And salmonella is
real & thriving all over the world! If you don`t believe me, lick a raw
piece of chicken, handle it, then go handle your hooman babies!!! Then
re-think your statements!....& step down off of your 'soapbox'!!!!..
Sheeez!...

"Health-101" class is dismissed.

John Rich New Jersey, USA!
john rich <[log in to unmask]>