From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Aug 2006 06:16:45 -0700
There is a very nice lady named Karen who takes in older, [sometimes]
unwanted ferrets.  She dedicates herself to providing them with a
wonderful and caring home, improving their quality of life, so they
might spend their final days knowing they are well loved and wanted.
She always has a house full of ferrets.  She loves each and every one
of them, taking the time to learn their personalities and making sure
their medical needs are met and that they are getting a healthy diet
and plenty of time to roam and play.

Jewel, Buster and Mickey have joined their 'brothers and sisters' who
came to this place before them.  They chose a roomy home by the Bridge,
so they would always know when new arrivals were coming.  Jewel was a
neglected ferret, she spent long hours that turned into days alone in her
cage.  When Jewel moved to Karen's house she had to be force fed and had
to learn how to be a ferret.  But she improved and became a loving member
of Karen's large ferret family.

Buster was adopted with his buddy Jackpot.  Buster had also been
neglected and was in poor health when he was adopted.  He was a handsome
sable ferret who knew he was loved, but years of abuse and neglect caused
him to travel to the Bridge a bit too soon.

And Mickey didn't even have a name when his earth Mom took him in.  He
was a little guy, not even a year old yet.  A good looking sable with a
chocolate brown nose.  He learned about happiness and love with his new
family.

Jewel, Buster and Mickey joined their ferret family members who had come
to the Bridge before them.  They share a big roomy home filled with comfy
sleep sacks and hammies that they could all pile into and snuggle in a
big, warm heap.  They are all safe and happy...and the most important
thing of all is this, they all passed on knowing they were loved and
valued.

They were happy in their adoptive home because they were well loved and
cared for by a lady with a heart so big, she has room for all these
unwanted creatures.

As a ferret who lived in a Rescue, I can tell you that the best feeling
of all is to know the humans who care for us LOVE us.  And that they
WANT us.  It chases away the feelings of sadness and isolation so many
neglected ferrets experience in homes where they are abused, neglected
and forgotten.

I will always be thankful to my adoptive Mom and Dad... and I know Jewel,
Buster and Mickey are thankful too.

FML readers can always contact me.  [log in to unmask]