From:
Mustela Putorious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2006 15:53:35 -0700
Once in a while Mr. Big gets advance notice of an arrival, allowing him
time to alert a Bridge Greeter who can visit the Pool Of Remembrance and
view that pet's last moments of happiness on Earth.

This is such a time.....

Musty Pete Greets Snowball

He is lovingly referred to as "My Prince Charming" by his human Mom Jen.
She adores her handsome little man.

As Musty Pete gazes into the sparkling waters of this magical pool, he
can see Jen cradling her beloved friend so gently in her arms.  Snowball
is snuggled into his sleepsack, so cozy and safe.  Jen strokes his head
and marvels at what an awesome friend Snowball has been....she doesn't
realize that he is preparing for his journey across the Rainbow Bridge.
Snowball slept................ and then he went to meet Sasha.

The pool glistened and rippled and Musty Pete lost the moment he had been
gazing at.... he heard the faintest whisper of The Ferret Promise Song
and he knew that Snowball was on his way.

Pete scurried quickly to the Bridge, he wanted to get there before his
new arrival.  Pete's feet traveled this path so effortlessly, he had been
here so many times.  He rounded the bend and a brisk wind blew across
his brow, when he looked up again, he saw a very handsome albino ferret
coming towards him.  Musty Pete knew this was the "Prince" Snowball that
Sasha spoke of often.  She was "Princess" Sasha to Snowball's Prince.
Sasha and Snowball shared a love as grand as the love between Musty Pete
and his one true love, Fancy Ferret.  Pete could understand that kind of
special love, he knew it so well.

"Hello!" said Pete, paw outstretched, "You must be Snowball.  I've been
expecting you.  My name is Musty Pete.  Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge."

Snowball looked a bit surprised...."Uh..Hello.  The last thing I remember
was falling asleep in my sleepsack...I'm at the Rainbow Bridge now?"
asked Snowball

"Yes, You are.  And I know there is someone very special waiting to see
you.  She is waiting in The Meadows...it's such a glorious day and all."
Pete answered.

"She?........" Snowball thought for just a moment and her name slipped
out of him like a whisper, "Sasha"  Pete saw how much Snowball adored
Sasha and he knew it was the same kind of love Pete shared with Fancy.

"Would you like to go see her?" asked Pete, knowing it was a silly
question.  Snowball nodded his head Yes, and Pete led the way to The
Meadows.

"It's quite a beautiful place you have here, Musty Pete." noted Snowball
"Oh..HaHa..It's not my place at all.  It belongs to everyone, and to no
one.  It is a place of magic and light and joy and love.  A waiting place
for all of us, we wait here to be reunited with those we have loved."

Snowball paused for a moment, and asked Pete, "Will I ever see my Mom
again?"

"Oh, you certainly will see her again.  One day she too will make this
journey.  And if you ever get really lonesome, you can visit the Pool Of
Remembrance and look down at your Earth Mom and see what she is doing,
and somehow, she will know you are there."

They continued walking, passing through a small stand of elm trees and
Snowball looked up and saw a familiar figure up ahead in the tall grass.
He called out to her, "Sasha?!!  Sasha!!"  And he ran, fast and strong
and free.  He felt so alive and young!  Sasha ran towards Snowball and
they nearly collided, they hugged and tumbled and fell down in the grass
of the lush green meadow.  They rolled and laughed until they cried.  So
overjoyed to be together again....and never to be parted.  Almost afraid
to let go of one another, for fear this was a dream.

Musty Pete knew one day he would have the same kind of reunion with
Fancy... and he knew once he is able to hold her again, he will never
let go.  That's what love is.