From:
Elayne Barclay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:00:32 -0700
The premier of "Pirates of the Caribbean, Dead Man's Chest" coming up on
July 7th was the inspiration for the theme of Cascade Ferret Network's
5th Annual Ferret Awareness Day: "A Ferret's Life for Me!"
The coordinators of the event are big fans of the original movie
(especially Johnny Depp as "Captain Jack Sparrow") and felt that ferrets
exude plenty of pirattitude so it would be a fun motif for the fund
raiser.  We've all picked out pirate names for the day and we'll all
be dressed in our buccaneer best.  We're hoping for a good turnout of
ferretlovers.

Where:  Oregon Humane Society
       1067 NE Columbia Blvd.
       Portland, OR

When:   July 9th, 1:00PM to 5:00 PM

Who:    Cascade Ferret Network
       www.cascadeferret.org
       503-231-0887

What:   The following activities will be a part of this event:
      -Pirate's Wheel of Booty
      -Shelter ferret playpen
      -Expert ferret vets for discount exams
      -Raffle of donated ferret related items
      -New and used ferret merchandise for sale
      -Pirate-themed photo op for you and your ferrets
      -Treasure hunt
      -Auction of unique ferret items*

*Even if you can't be present, you can still participate by bidding on
one of the following pieces of pirate booty that will be auctioned:

- A portrait of a gorgeous dark-eyed white ferret by artist Erin
 McLaine-Bisop entitled "Serenity"
http://community.webshots.com/myphotos?action=viewAllPhotos&albumID=551346446
(click on each photo to see an enlarged version)

- "Captain Jack Ferret" statue was created by one of our talented and
  ingenious volunteers, Kitty Mackey.

- A treasure chest donated by Sally Filler filled with ferret booty:
    -a heart-shaped ceramic box with the word "LOVE" on the top and
       a ferret climbing into the letter "O",
    -a fiber box with a ferret design carved in relief on the top,
    -two tiny ceramic ferret staues,
    -two Maltese ferret pennies,
    -a pin with a woodburned ferret face,
    -a small stuffed ferret,
    -a TY beanie baby of a ferret
    -all of the above in a beautiful wooden chest

-"Dead Socks Tell No Tales" logo designed by Kitty Mackey will be
 available on various items for sale

Elayne Barclay
CFN Coordinator