From:
Natiffany <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Jun 2006 08:49:13 -0700
Wolfy Asked...
- how many of you, had no close pets as children, but later in life
became animal and ferret people?

We always had pets when I was growing up.  I witnessed some harsh stuff,
like my dog Peachie having a stroke when I was 5.  But then I helped my
cat Whiskers give birth with my mom when I was 7.  I named the two
kittens Bright Eyes and Rascal.

- how many of you, had a couple of standard pets such as dogs or cats
as children?

We had lots of shelter dogs and cats, some ran away, some died.  We also
had lots of fish and when I was 9, got hamsters.  I always wanted rats
and an iguana, but my mom is scared of them.

- how many of you had close contact with more unusual species of
animals as children?

My moms friend had a ferret (the first time I ever saw one) and he was
not very well behaved at all.  He was pretty nuts!  My mom was scared of
it because it was trying to go up her pant leg.  I Also handled snakes
and lizards and birds when I could because I love them all.  I grew so
attatched to my uncle's cockatiel JoJo that I cried all the way home (2
day drive) because I couldnt have him!  Not a childhood story, but when I
lived in Las Vegas, we stayed with some guys who had a ferret...the poor
thing was hardly let out of his cage.  I mean, it was like once a week.
I used to sit near his cage and rub his head and neck with my finger
because the guy wouldnt let me hold him.  Ive always loved animals.