From:
Ferretwise <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 22:08:00 -0400
Nowe that our injured ferret Hop A long is safely under medical care- I
need to let you know that Ferret Wise has been working for several days
with a family who has lost it's home to the NH floods.  This family has
lost it's home whch is condemned adn all contents..

The 2 ferrets who are primarily rescues of the 10 year old son were
smuggled out durting the evacuation in a pillowcase.  There is a cute
story that I can relay later.

NOw they are all crammed - Mom, 3 children, dog, cat 2 ferrets ( in
a small plastic crate) into a camper which they had to get a zoning
variance to have on their property until the building can be demolished
adn reconstruction can begin.

Hospice Mo Judy happened to become alerted when she received a phone
call ( frantic).  She has brought over basics like water bottles (they
ferrets were refusing to drink from bowls, clean dry bedding and other
minimal supports.  Ferret Wise volunteers will be deep cleaning and re
outfitting former shelter notable Disney Ferret Wise's two story condo (a
Martins Cage) and shelter folks will be bringing it to the ferrets on
Sunday.  This is an outright donation like the supplies were.  We at
this time cannot afford any medical care for these ferrets.  Sometimes
the truth hurts.

We do know the ferrets are stressed, and they are mid to older ferrets -
both being transplants form other families that tired of them - one was
actually turned out as stray but the 10 year old boy found it - tried to
return it and was told they did not want it back.

The ten year old boy has purchased and reads ferrets for dummies - does
all the hygiene , nail clipping himself and it is the one salvation that
has helped him through his family separation (prior to the flood).

The most important thing is to try for both the families sake and the
ferrets sake to keep them all together.

We have been assured the measurements of this cage will accommodate
available space in the camper ( make shift home).  This will at least
give the ferrets a place to move and a bathroom other than the floor.

We will have more news on this rescue - relief effort in the near
future... but please know for a little shelter with a hospice kid in
surgery this week ( Lucky) Biscuit at the shelter had an emergency visit
on MOnday - plus HOp A LOng updates - things are really pushed ( more
than normal).

This being said the phone may not be the best way to contact us this
week.... so please hold all emergencies -- we need a larger staff here
at Ferret Wise!

Shelter Mom
Alicia