From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jun 2006 19:41:48 +0000
Just have a question for the ferret masses out there about fostering.
There is a ferret rescue I would like to foster ferrets for.  They
recently lost their central location for the rescue ferrets which
prompted them to put all the ferrets i n foster care.  In the past,
this rescue provided the food and litter to the fos ter family for
the care of the ferrets who did not do well in the rescue's 'shelter'
setting.  Vet care and medication were paid for by the rescue as well.
The rescue is now no longer providing the food and litter for the foster
ferrets, an expense the foster family would have to pay for.

I understand any animal rescue has financial issues and often the
volunteers pay for expenses out of their own pockets--been there.  This
rescue has done great work and I would never say anything negative about
them as I have adopted a few of my ferrets from them.  I am just curious
if any other ferret rescues have a similar fostering policy (if you want
to call it that) about the foster family providing the food and litter
for their foster fert instead of the rescue.  Not complaining, just
curious :)

Thanks.

[HA]