From:
Marianna E Garrett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 May 2006 10:05:02 -0400
I have had occasion to use both oral and implant melatonin.  I do not
know what your ferret symptoms are but I found the response to be quick.
Almost immediately fur will start to regrow and the appetite increases
(a side effect is indeed a great deal of weight gain) as well as a very
pleasant personality returning.  I have had great success with melatonin.
I suspect if it is going to work for your ferret you will notice these
signs very soon.  I hope all the best for you it is heartbreaking for
us ferret moms when our fuzzbutts are suffering.

PS-they will sleep more in the beginning but that seems to let up over
time as they are on melatonin and they start to play again.